Rise Up Times Welcomes You!
Dear Friend in justice and peace,
Worldwide people are resisting Trump’s war-hawk fascist agenda and the threats to democracy, and Rise Up Times is part of that resistance. We need your help to survive and thrive, to continue to bring you compelling and revealing articles! Please support Rise Up Times today with a donation. Your support is essential and appreciated. Rise Up Times cannot continue to bring you up-to-date news about essential issues to our survival without your help. You make Rise Up Times possible.
Trump continues to raise havoc and we continue to Resist! First and foremost is the health care bill he is trying to push through Congress. But he is also hindering civil rights and attacking the environment and efforts to prevent climate change. Meanwhile, he continues to personally profit monetarily from the presidency.
In a recent article Seymour Hersh quotes an intelligence adviser in regard to the Syria bombing:
“He doesn’t read anything and has no real historical knowledge. He wants verbal briefings and photographs. He’s a risk-taker. He can accept the consequences of a bad decision in the business world; he will just lose money. But in our world, lives will be lost and there will be long-term damage to our national security if he guesses wrong. He was told we did not have evidence of Syrian involvement and yet Trump says: ‘Do it.”’
Almost every day Trump creates a new crisis to be dealt with as he chisels away democratic freedoms and removes protective laws around the environment, financial greed, civil liberties and civil rights…sadly, the list goes on and on.
But here is what Rebecca Solnit says in an article in The Guardian:
In this moment, populist intervention is everything, not as hate and attack but as an expression of popular will and power. Or as love, since we defend what we love. It is an extraordinary moment…
Your help is needed more than ever to continue to bring you the same quality articles, news, commentary, and analysis and perspectives in Rise Up Times that you have come to expect.
If you wish to mail a check, please make it payable to Sue Ann Martinson/RiseUpTimes and send to 2900 11th Ave. So., Unit Box 209, Minneapolis MN 55407.
Donate Now. Just click here to help sustain Rise Up Times through Paypal. (You do not need to be a Pay Pal member.)
Thank you. Your continued support does make a difference, as does every phone call you make, every email you send, every protest you attend, and any step you take to stop the insanity of Trump rule.
Sue Ann Martinson, Editor
Rise Up Times
P.S. Help Rise Up Times continue to inform and engage people to fight in every nonviolent way possible for compassion and caring for the people of our country and the world and against the corporate greed that drives climate change and the loss of the commons in the gradual destruction of our planet.
Donate Now. Thank you. Here are more ways to help Rise Up Times bring you an alternative to the mainstream corporate media.
Rise Up Times encourages you to click on the links at the top of RiseUpTimes.org that contain timely articles with commentary on current events, including the Trump Presidency, organizing strategies, actions, and much more. The links are listed below and also appear on the top of the RiseUpTimes.org website.
- MIDDLE EAST
- MILITARY MANIA
- NONVIOLENT ORGANIZING FOR ACTION AND CHANGE
- SURVEILLANCE, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, CIVIL LIBERTIES
- TRUMP PRESIDENCY
- RESIST! ACTIONS, IDEAS, STORIES OF THE RESISTANCE
Why Rise Up Times? The name Rise Up Times was chosen because these are the times to Rise Up and be heard. “Times” refers not only to the Times we live in but, as you know, is also a common name for newspapers and other media.
8 ways to help spread the word about RiseUpTimes.org
Rise Up Times has no paid advertising but relies on word-of-mouth and social media to get the word out. Here are some ideas about how to help:
- Tell your friends about Rise Up Times.
- Forward articles, songs, or visuals to your friends and family and encourage them to:
- Subscribe: Enter your email in the place provided in the right column of the main RiseUpTimes.org website. You will receive an email notice when blogs are posted.
- Include a link to RiseUpTimes.orgon your website or in your emails
- Re-publish, re-blog, re-post, or share articles, songs or visuals that you particularly like on your own blog Facebook page, Twitter, or other social media.
- Rise Up Times has the following accounts besides the main blog (RiseUpTimes.org): Visit, and encourage your friends to visit, the RiseUpTimes Facebook!page or the Tumblr, Linked In, Pinterest, or Google+ RiseUpTimes pages. Articles can also be shared from these social media, as well as from RiseUpTimes.org.
- Retweet from Rise Up TimesTwitter account, @touchpeace.
- Print copies of articles or visuals in Rise Up Times and leave them in your favorite bookstore, coffee shop, etc
Why Rise Up Times? The name Rise Up Times was chosen because these are the times to Rise Up and be heard. “Times” refers not only to the Times we live in but, as you know, is also a common name for newspapers and other media. We continue to Rise Up!
Resistance is no longer an option, it is now a matter of life or death. The lights are going out on democracy across the globe and the time to wake up from this nightmare is now. Henry A. Giroux
“There is no such thing as a single-issue struggle because we do not live
single-issue lives.” Audre Lorde