Rise Up Times Welcomes You!
Dear Fellow Activists,
Thank you for reading and sharing Rise Up Times. With a mainstream corporate media that is beholden to powerful financial and political interests that do not have the people at heart, we need to share and discuss information more than ever.
We stand at a crossroads: We can choose Democracy or we can choose a non-democratic form of government controlled by few for their advantage. Trump represents a system that attempts to drive us towards an authoritarian regime that profits the 1%.
We the people continue to rise up and resist in many ways — on the streets, in the legislatures, in the cities and towns, in the universities, as we rise against this monstrous machine locally, nationally, and globally, creating solutions grounded in the common good while challenging corporate militaristic globalism based on racism and white supremacy.
Your support is essential and appreciated. Rise Up Times needs your assistance to continue to bring you up-to-date news about issues crucial to the survival of Democracy and the planet. You make People Supported News possible.
More than ever Rise Up Times needs your help to bring you the same quality articles, news, commentary, and analysis and perspectives in Rise Up Times that you have come to expect. Independent media is essential during these Rise Up Times for the truth to be told and for organizing resistance. Please donate today.
If you wish to mail a check, please make it payable to Sue Ann Martinson/RiseUpTimes and send to 2900 11th Ave. So., Unit Box 209, Minneapolis MN 55407.
Donate Now. Just click here to help sustain Rise Up Times through Paypal. (You do not need to be a Pay Pal member.)
Sue Ann Martinson, Editor
Rise Up Times
P.S. Thank you. Your continued support does make a difference, as does every phone call you make, every email you send, every protest you attend, and every step you take.
Help Rise Up Times continue to inform and engage people to fight in every nonviolent way possible for compassion and caring for the people of our country and the world and against the corporate greed that drives militarism and climate change and the loss of the commons in the gradual destruction of our planet.
Donate Now. Thank you. Here are more ways to help Rise Up Times bring you an alternative to the mainstream corporate media.
Rise Up Times encourages you to click on the links at the top of RiseUpTimes.org that contain timely articles with commentary on current events, including the Trump Presidency, organizing strategies, actions, and much more. The links are listed below and also appear at the top of the RiseUpTimes.org website.
- ABOUT RISE UP TIMES
- TWIN CITIES EVENTS & ACTIONS
- “RESISTANCE IS NO LONGER AN OPTION, IT IS A NECESSITY.” HENRY A. GIROUX
- MIDDLE EAST
- MILITARY MANIA
- NONVIOLENT ORGANIZING FOR ACTION AND CHANGE
- SURVEILLANCE, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, CIVIL LIBERTIES, CIVIL RIGHTS
- TRUMP PRESIDENCY
- RESIST! ACTIONS, IDEAS, STORIES OF THE RESISTANCE
- RHYMES MEDIA GROUP
- US POLITICS
- RISE UP TIMES | LEARN MORE AND HELP SUSTAIN MEDIA FOR THE PEOPLE!
8 ways to help spread the word about RiseUpTimes.org
Rise Up Times has no paid advertising but relies on word-of-mouth and social media to get the word out. Here are some ideas about how to help:
- Tell your friends about Rise Up Times.
- Forward articles, songs, or visuals to your friends and family and encourage them to:
- Subscribe: Enter your email in the place provided in the right column of the main RiseUpTimes.org website. You will receive an email notice when blogs are posted.
- Include a link to RiseUpTimes.org on your website or in your emails
- Re-publish, re-blog, re-post, or share articles, songs or visuals that you particularly like on your own blog Facebook page, Twitter, or other social media.
- Rise Up Times has the following accounts besides the main blog (RiseUpTimes.org): Visit, and encourage your friends to visit, the RiseUpTimes Facebook page or the Tumblr, Linked In, Pinterest, or Google+ RiseUpTimes pages. Articles can also be shared from these social media, as well as from RiseUpTimes.org.
- Retweet from Rise Up Times Twitter account, @touchpeace.
- Print copies of articles or visuals in Rise Up Times and leave them in your favorite bookstore, coffee shop, etc
Why Rise Up Times? The name Rise Up Times was chosen because these are the times to Rise Up and be heard. “Times” refers not only to the Times we live in but, as you know, is also a common name for newspapers and other media. We continue to Rise Up!
Resistance is no longer an option, it is now a matter of life or death. The lights are going out on democracy across the globe and the time to wake up from this nightmare is now. Henry A. Giroux
“There is no such thing as a single-issue struggle because we do not live single-issue lives.” Audre Lorde