“There is no act too small, no act too bold. The history of social change is the history of millions of actions, small and large, coming together at points in history and creating a power that governments cannot suppress.”
– Howard Zinn
Trump’s cabinet choices are truly frightening and represent the worst of corporate America and capitalism and neo-fascism.
People everywhere are organizing by as many nonviolent means as possible, including petitions, marches, lawsuits, working with local and state governments, and continuing antiwar, fracking, immigrant rights and other types of actions, such as the Sacred Stone Camp of Standing Rock calling for divestment from the Dakota Access Pipeline’s funders, declaring December a month of action to close bank accounts in 17 banks.
Alternative media sources continue to challenge the mainstream corporate media’s censorship. Who is really creating the “fake news”? Independent media needs your support.
With four years of necessary activism ahead of us in an unseen and unpredictable future, it is all the more crucial to share information and ideas around activism and the issues that matter to us locally and to understand what is happening in other parts of the country and the world.
Rise Up Times brings you critical analysis and perspectives you won’t find in the mainstream corporate media, news of activism and resistance, and thoughtful, cutting edge articles about current issues with insightful commentary and crucial information for these Rise Up Times. To survive, Rise Up Times needs your help.
Your help is needed more than ever to continue to bring you the same quality articles, news, commentary, and analysis and perspectives in Rise Up Times that you have come to expect.
Here is a link to the page on Nonviolent Organizing for Action and Change, just one example of the information provided on Rise Up Times that is essential as we move forward together into the next four years. For more page links on specific topics go to RiseUpTimes.org.
Here are some ways to help Rise Up Times bring you an alternative to the mainstream corporate media.
Support Rise Up Times by making a donation. Your support is essential and appreciated.
Donate Now. Just click here to help sustain Rise Up Times through Paypal. (You do not need to be a Pay Pal member.)
If you wish to mail a check please make payable to Sue Ann Martinson/RiseUpTimes and send to 2900 11th Ave. So., Unit Box 209, Minneapolis MN 55407.
Every dollar will help support Rise Up Times for computer expenses, internet and blog services, and miscellaneous office expenses, the many things that go into bringing Rise Up Times to you.
7 ways to help spread the word about RiseUpTimes.org
Rise Up Times has no paid advertising but relies on word-of-mouth and social media to get the word out. Here are some ideas about how to help:
- Tell your friends about Rise Up Times.
- Forward articles, songs, or visuals to your friends and family and encourage them to:
1) Subscribe: Enter your email in the place provided in the right column of the main Rise Up Times page. You will receive an email notice when blogs are posted.
2) Sign up for the weekly summary: Type “Subscribe weekly summary” in the subject line of an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a regular summary of posts.
- Include a link to RiseUpTimes.org on your website or in your emails.
- Re-publish, re-blog, re-post, or share articles, songs or visuals that you particularly like on your own blog Facebook page, Twitter, or other social media.
- Rise Up Times has the following accounts besides the main blog (RiseUpTimes.org): Visit, and encourage your friends to visit, the RiseUpTimes Facebook! page or the Tumblr, Linked In, Pinterest, or Google+ RiseUpTimes pages. Articles can also be shared from these social media, as well as from RiseUpTimes.org.
- Retweet from Rise Up Times Twitter account, @touchpeace.
- Print copies of articles or visuals in Rise Up Times and leave them in your favorite bookstore, coffee shop, etc.
Thank you! Your continued support makes a difference.
Sue Ann Martinson, Editor
P.S. Your donation ensures that Rise Up Times will continue to bring you Media for the People! with insightful and vital alternatives to the mainstream corporate media.
“Resistance is no longer an option, it is a necessity.” Henry A. Giroux
“There is no such thing as a single-issue struggle because we do not live single-issue lives.” Audre Lorde