Published on Dec 16, 2013
On RAI, Paul Jay and David Swanson discuss the culture and economics of war
Subscribe or “Follow” us on RiseUpTimes.org. Rise Up Times is also on Facebook! Check the Rise Up Times page for posts from this blog and more! “Like” our page today. Find us on TWITTER at Rise Up Times(@touchpeace). Rise Up Times is also on Pinterest, Google+ and Tumblr.
David Swanson’s books include: War Is A Lie (2010), When the World Outlawed War (2011), and The Military Industrial Complex at 50 (2012). He is the host of Talk Nation Radio. He has been a journalist, activist, organizer, educator, and agitator. Swanson helped plan the nonviolent occupation of Freedom Plaza in Washington DC in 2011. Swanson holds a master’s degree in philosophy from the University of Virginia. He has worked as a newspaper reporter and as a communications director, with jobs including press secretary for Dennis Kucinich’s 2004 presidential campaign, media coordinator for the International Labor Communications Association, and three years as communications coordinator for ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. He blogs at http://davidswanson.org andhttp://warisacrime.org and works as Campaign Coordinator for the online activist organization http://rootsaction.org Swanson also works on the communications committee of Veterans For Peace, of which he is an associate (non-veteran) member. Swanson is Secretary of Peace in the Green Shadow Cabinet.
- 10 More Years in Afghanistan by David Swanson (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- David Swanson: Lies and War, Part 1 (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Syracuse Is Fifth City To Pass Anti-Drone Resolution By David Swanson (scoop.it)
- Who’s Excited About Another Decade in Afghanistan? (stateofglobe.com)
- Lies and War 1 David Swanson on Reality Asserts Itself (disclose.tv)
- Are There Just Wars? 3 David Swanson on Reality Asserts Itself (disclose.tv)