In this episode of teleSUR’s Days of Revolt, Chris Hedges speaks with attorney Thomas Linzey and activist Mark Clatterbuck about the grassroots movements rising up against the fracking industry, and the legislative and direct action necessary to resist corporate power in the absence of a true democratic system.
Media for the People! Click the image to help Rise Up Times continue to bring you vital analysis of and commentary about current issues you won’t find in the mainstream corporate media.
- Susu Jeffrey | Subsidizing Southwest LRT
- Michael Moore | My Proposal to Repeal and Replace the 2nd Amendment
- Tomgram: Andrew Bacevich, How We Learned Not To Care About America’s Wars
- Tomgram: Nick Turse, A Disappearance, a Body, and What It Takes to Make the News
- Elites ‘Have No Credibility Left:’ Interview With Journalist Chris Hedges
- Guns Before Country | Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill
- Tomgram: Noam Chomsky and David Barsamian, A World in Peril
- Perspectives on the Burns/Novick Vietnam series by a member of the MN 8 draft resisters
- Learning to Live in the Dark: Reading Arendt in the Time of Climate Change
- Author Mark Bray Responds to Chris Hedges’ Criticism of Antifa (Video)
- Henry A. Giroux | Donald Trump’s passion for cruelty
- War and the Environment | Divestment from fossil fuels and weapons with Jonathan King, Susi Snyder, Terry Crawford-Browne, Tony Jenkins (Video)
- World hunger increasing for first time since turn of the century
- Puerto Ricans Protest Trump’s Visit, Denounce Militarization Amid Lack of Aid Distribution (Video)
- Susu Jeffrey | An Exercise in Pretend Democracy: The Alberta Pipeline
- Ray McGovern, David Swanson, and Daniel Ellsberg discuss Stone’s “Johnson, Nixon & Vietnam: Reversal of Fortune”
- War and the Environment | No War 2017: Emma’s Revolution Sings (Video)
- Gandhi’s Truth: Ending Human Violence One Commitment at a Time
- Racism and Colonization with Meleiza Figueroa at the Democracy Convention (Video)
- International Day of Non-Violence 2 October
- War and the Environment | Edward Snowden, Daniel Ellsberg (by video), Ann Wright and more (Video)
- Chris Hedges | The Abuses of History
- War and the Environment | No War 2017: David Swanson, Jill Stein, Tim DeChristopher, Conference Opening (Video)
- After Russian-linked ads, put social media under the microscope
- Polly Mann | Nuclear Notes and A THAAD Story
- Trump: Behind your back and in your backyard 2
- Young Women from Mosul Describe Life Under Terror and ISIS
- Ralph Nader | The Censorious Vortex Of The ‘Flash News’ Barons
- Rise Up Times Weekly Summary September 24, 2017
- Chris Hedges | The Silencing of Dissent
Search Rise Up Times
WAR AND THE ENVIRONMENT: VIDEOS FROM THE CONFERENCE
KEEP SPACE FOR PEACE WEEK, OCTOBER 7-14, 2017
Join Rise Up Times on Social Media
Subscribe or “Follow” us on RiseUpTimes.org. Rise Up Times is also on Facebook! Check the Rise Up Times page for posts from this blog and more! “Like” our page today. Find us on TWITTER at Rise Up Times(@touchpeace). Rise Up Times is on Pinterest, Google+ and Tumblr.
Posts about the Trump presidency are on a board on Rise Up Times Pinterest page. Pinterest called Presidency. Other posts about US politics are under a US Politics board along with boards on Surveillance-Freedom of Speech-Civil Rights and Liberties, Media, Environment/Climate Change, Action Now, The Drone Papers, Military Mania, International, and Nonviolent Action and Organizing for Change
Black Lives Matter
Read by Category.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.