- Actions at the White House in D.C., in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Albuquerque, Sacramento and many more cities on June 20 and 21!
- We in the anti-war movement fought too long and too hard to prevent and end that illegal and unjust war. We cannot sit by idly today when the Pentagon may be about to open a new chapter in its history of death and destruction.
- Attack On Iraq
Subscribe or “Follow” us on RiseUpTimes.org. Rise Up Times is also on Facebook! Check the Rise Up Times page for posts from this blog and more! “Like” our page today. Rise Up Times is also on Pinterest, Google+ and Tumblr. Find us on Twitter at Rise Up Times (@touchpeace).
June 13, 2014 | Today, it has become increasingly likely that the U.S. government will once again take military action in Iraq. It is urgent that anti-war forces mobilize to tell the Obama administration that the people of this country completely oppose any new war on Iraq.
The ANSWER Coalition is gearing up for such efforts, and is calling for nationwide demonstrations on Friday, June 20 and Saturday, June 21, as well as emergency actions the day U.S. bombing starts, in the event that it happens before these dates.
The ANSWER Coalition (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) works to build an anti-racist, peace and social justice movement through grassroots activism and education.
- Representative of Iraq’s most senior Shiite cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, has called on Iraqis to take up arms against what he called “terrorists” who have overrun large swaths of the country.
- We go to the city of Najaf to speak to Sami Rasouli, founder and director of the Muslim Peacemaker Teams in Iraq. He left Iraq in the late 1970s and eventually moved to the United States and settled in Minneapolis, where he was a well-known restaurateur. He moved back to Iraq in 2004 after living abroad for nearly 30 years.
- Rachel Maddow Warns Against A New American Attack On Iraq
- The United States simply cannot be sucked into another round of war in Iraq.
- Sign our petition. Tell President Obama and Congress: No New U.S. War in Iraq!
- Part 1: Obama Weighs ‘All Options’ for Iraq as Hawks Revive War Drums
- Part 2: No New U.S. War in Iraq!
- Tom Engelhardt | A Record of Unparalleled Failure