- Eloquent Words Are No Enough. Vague statements about “meaningful action” aren’t good enough.
- Please join with others around the country to demand effective gun control now.
- Not Senseless, Not Random: The Deadly Mix of Race, Guns & Madness
RootsAction Team, RootsAction.org* <>
December 14, 2012 | All of us share in President Obama’s statement Friday afternoon about the tragedy in Connecticut: “Our hearts are broken today for the parents and grandparents, sisters and brothers of these little children. We have been through this too many times.”
“Mr. Obama has not pushed for expanded gun control during his time in office,” the New York Times just reported. “And he did not elaborate on any specific legislation he might seek in the wake of the shootings.”
Please forward this email to people you know. Urge them to join with you in clicking here to urge the president and members of Congress to enact serious national gun control now.
In his solemn statement from the White House today, the president stayed away from any mention of gun control. He just said, “We’re going to have to come together to take meaningful action to prevent tragedies like this.”
Vague statements about “meaningful action” aren’t good enough. Please join with others around the country to demand effective gun control now.
If you share this email with your friends, you will boost our voices for bringing guns under control in this country.
*RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.
- But none of (what we need to do) will be likely unless, in our grief and fear, we also muster up clarity and outrage. Right now – before the public debate is recaptured by questions of which politician said what to whom.
- Special Project | The War on Children: Week of December 16
- The US Military Approves Bombing Children
- 60 Mass Shootings Since Tucson
- Sikh temple shooting sheds light on world of ‘hate rock’
- Batman Shooter and His Psyche Drugs