- On November 6th Minnesotans will vote on two constitutional amendments that will, if passed, restrict the right to vote and limit the freedom to marry. Let’s come together and Vote NO on Both.
- The Voter-Fraud Myth
- Special Project | Voter Suppression 2012: Week of September 30
October 27, 2012 | What follows is a partial overview of opportunities to help defeat the voter restriction amendment. Many of them also target the marriage amendment. The latest news shows support for the amendment hovering at just over 50%. These last two weeks will decide the outcome. “The more you know, the more it’s NO!” That means that talking to people in large numbers is the key to turning the corner. Following are various ways to do that in concert with a lot of new friends. I’ve included as many links as I could and apologize to the folks whose efforts and organizations I’ve overlooked. The ones listed will hopefully lead you to the ones not.
Here’s a great opportunity to jump in for those who read this post in time. It’s an example of the kind of joint action I’ve been talking about. A Vote NO on BOTH Amendments Community Door Knock will happen Sunday, October 28th from 1:30-5:30.
Here’s how the organizers describe it:
- The man who has stoked fear about impostors at the polls.
- Defeating Voter Restriction: A Pocket Guide
Special Project | Voter Suppression 2012: Week of September 30, David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Taking away the vote from our neighbors under the pretext of preventing “fraud” is a radical step backwards for that democracy. The constitution is supposed to guarantee human rights, not take them away from others who Republican politicians apparently don’t want to vote.
- 8 New Items including:
- Romney’s 47%: What Other Rights Would The GOP Deny Them?
- Truth to Tell | Voter ID: Who Shouldn’t Vote?
- Catholics, Lutherans and voter ID
- Interfaith Event on Voting Rights
- Amendment would Restrict Voting – for Seniors, the Military, our Neighbors
- Voter Suppression: The “Schurick Doctrine” and the Unravelling of American Democracy
- Going Undercover at the GOP’s Voter Vigilante Project to Disrupt the Nov. Election
- The One-Two Punch