The Revolution Has Begun
Ruth Hull (about the author) November 4, 2011 opednews.com
From Oakland to Wall Street and across America, November 2, 2010 was a day for striking, marching, closing down the outsourcing of jobs, and demanding America back from the 1% who have looted the hard earnings of the other 99%.
In the end, though occupiers remained peaceful, 80 marchers were arrested, and police again resorted to rubber bullets and tear gas (in spite of a critical injury to a veteran from a police tear gas canister a week before). Occupiers were again injured, showing that the police and elite again forgot that this is this country is supposed to be of the people, by the people and for the people. However, the actions had succeeded in closing down the Port of Oakland one of the busiest ports in America, a symbol of why so many in America are out of work.