Power to the Peaceful
The light show Power to the Peaceful was created in August of 2013 at the national Veterans for Peace Conference in Madison WI.
Join Rise Up Times on Social Media
- Evergreene Digest: This Revolutionary Moment
- David Swanson: Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis in Ferguson and Beyond
- Beyond the Border, Into the Wilderness
- Bruce Gagnon: The Killing Culture
- ▶ Democracy Now! Ferguson Protests Erupt Near Grave of Ex-Slave Dred Scott, Whose Case Helped Fuel U.S. Civil War
- Henry A. Giroux: The Militarization of Racism and Neoliberal Violence
- Susu Jeffrey: Bring Back Our Girls
- Nobel prize-winning author Wole Soyinka warns of religion’s roll call of death
- ▶ Foreign Oil Interests in Iraqi Kurdistan and the Rise of ISIS with Nafeez Ahmed and Antonia Juhasz
- Nick Bernabe,The Anti-Media: National Guard Troops Deployed in Ferguson as Police Threaten to Shoot Journalists
- Frida Berrigan: Grandmother Sentenced to Prison for Protesting US Drone Base
- ▶ Gov’t: Be Careful what you Say on Facebook: “Are you on the Terrorist Watchlist?”
- Wendell Berry on Nature and Politics
- ▶ Truthout Interviews William Rivers Pitt and Dahr Jamail on the Mass Destruction of Iraq
- Excerpt from The Violence of Organized Forgetting by Henry A. Giroux
- Chris Marsden: Evidence of Israeli war crimes mounts as Gaza cease-fire continues
- Sonali Kolhatkar: South Africa’s Apartheid, Israeli Occupation Will End—It Is Only a Matter of Time
- Ebony, Bob Butler: What Happened to Freedom of the Press?
- Chris Hedges: Let My People Go
- ▶ Henry Giroux: Liberty and Justice for All?